A Mega Diabetes Camp has been organized to celebrate World Diabetes Day by the Total Care Control- Diabetes Care Center together with Kautilya Foundation on 16TH. Nov.2014 at Swarn Jayanti Park Indirapuram, Ghaziabad. The highlight of the program was
- Walk to Stop Diabetes', in which around 400 people from children to the aged and all walks of life participated with great enthusiasm, with Placards, highlighting the miseries caused by Diabetes which has become an epidemic due to changes in food habits and lack of physical exercise.
- Free testing of blood sugar
- Free HbA1C Testing ( which usually costs around 500 Rs)
- Free Diabetic Neuropathy testing with Biothesiometry
- Free counselling by diabetes diet and foot specialists
- More than 500 persons availed of the testing facilities .
- A Diabetes Exhibition was also organized which displayed food items which are should and should not be consumed in Diabetes.
Mrs.Vimla Batham MLA (UP), and Maj. Gen. N B Singh,National Convener SSSN were the special guests at the occassion. Mrs Vimla Batham expressed her appreciation of the enthusiasm with which people participated in the camp and emphasized that more such camps should be organized by the public.The importance of keeping oneself through Yoga and Exercise was exercise was emphasized by Gen MB Singh.
Dr Rajesh Kesari an expert diabetologist presented a talk on Diabetes giving information on the causes and complications of Diabetes and ways of controlling and preventing Diabetes, numerous questions were put up by the audience after the talk to Dr Rajesh Kesari and their queries regarding Diabetes were answered.
Kumari Nisha invoked the blessings of Lord Ganesha with her a wonderful Kathak dance performance. Prof Lallan Prasad Executive president Kautilya Foundationexpressed his gratefulness to the special guests and the participants who turned up in large numbers and made the camp a huge success.